“We are excited to announce we plan to run all lifts at full capacity and manage daily capacity to enhance the guest experience. It’s going to be a great year to visit JHMR, and we look forward to welcoming our guests back for another season.” –VP of Operations Tim Mason
Great news for all you Jackson Hole skiers and snowboarders as winter operations are within sight. JHMR has been a hive of activity preparing for winter opening on Thanksgiving Day. Check out the full list of improvements for the 2021-2022 season as reported by Local News 8 below:
- To offer at least two trails with snowmaking from each lift, JHMR added to snowmaking capacity with snowmaking on Upper Wide Open. In addition, the snowmaking gun fleet was upgraded by increasing energy efficiency and adding high-production guns.
- The resort blasted 6,000 cubic yards of rock on Ship’s Prow to widen the Rendezvous Traverse and gladed an incremental six acres to expand skiable terrain.
- A bathroom was built at the top of the Teton Lift.
- The JH Parks and Trails crew constructed two new mountain bike trails that expanded the resort’s downhill mountain bike trail system.
- Teton Village Sports has been renovated to expand the rental facility, which will open on November 19. In the meantime, reservations for boot-fitting service can be booked through JH Sports.
- Locker facilities have been expanded, with a new locker room on the third floor of the Bridger Center.