Colorado Is Drought Free For The First Time in 5 Years!

Colorado Is Drought Free For The First Time in 5 Years!

Uncategorized

Colorado Is Drought Free For The First Time in 5 Years!

By

Photo Credit: Sheila Sund, Flickr

Photo Credit: Sheila Sund, Flickr

It’s been five long years since Colorado has been drought free but after an unseasonable and precipitous spring, Colorful Colorado is just that—Colorful. As of now, CBS Denver is reporting that only 2% of the state is experiencing drought or drought-like conditions. The other 98% on the other hand is lush and beautiful with fire bans being almost non-existent in the Colorado high country.

Since 2009, the rocky mountain state remained in a state of drought. But with a trending El Niño in the forecast through the upcoming winter, Colorado has a good chance to remain drought free for the next year.

That said, being a landlocked state thousands of miles away from a major body of water, drought can rear its ugly head fast and without warning.

The last time Colorado reported a drought free status, it took only two years for the entire state to fall back into drought.

Bottom Line, Enjoy it while you can Colorado.

Also, check out the updated NOAA El Niño forecast for 2016

More Unofficial Networks