Colorado businesses big and small are stepping up to help those impacted by the devastating Marshall Fire. Anheuser-Busch has partnered with the Red Cross to deliver 50,000 cans of emergency drinking water. The water is canned at the Anheuser-Busch brewery in Fort Collins. The brewery which is usually busy pumping out Budweisers and has paused beer production in the past to can emergency water for disasters and other circumstances MORE INFO BELOW.
We have a long-standing commitment to supporting our neighbors during times of need.
Every year, we periodically pause beer production in our Fort Collins, CO, and Cartersville, GA breweries to apply our production and logistics expertise to can clean, safe drinking water that is ready to distribute when disaster strikes.
Since the inception of our emergency drinking water program in 1988, Anheuser-Busch and our wholesaler partners have worked alongside the American Red Cross to provide emergency drinking water to U.S. communities affected by natural disasters and other crises.
In 2019, we also teamed up with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to support volunteer firefighters battling wildfires across the country and provide critical hydration to those who are volunteering to put their lives on the line..
To date, we have produced and distributed more than 86 million cans of emergency drinking water to communities across the country in support of relief efforts. Most recently this year, we have provided:
- 1,300,000 cans of water to support relief efforts in Texas following severe winter weather
- 100,000 cans of water to communities in Kentucky impacted by severe flooding
- 50,000 cans of water to Oregon in support of heat wave relief and sheltering efforts
- Nearly 120,000 cans to support wildfire relief effortsin California, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Washington and Wyoming
- 70,000 cans of water to support Hurricane Henri preparedness and relief effortson the East Coast
- 900,000 cans of water to support Hurricane Ida relief effortsin Mississippi and Louisiana
- 50,000 cans to support tornado relief effortsin Western Kentucky
These donations represent our ongoing commitment to help American communities when they need it most.
Learn more about Anheuser-Busch’s work with our wholesaler partners and the American Red Cross to help American communities when a natural disaster strikes:
images from anheuser-busch.com