Australian ski resorts have received their first snowfall of the season! Cold temps are also allowing the resorts to blow snow in preparation of the kickoff to the 2013 winter season.
Fall Creek – High in the Australian Alps in North East Victoria.
- Vertical Rise: 919 ft
- Base Elevation: 4921 ft/1500 m
- Summit Elevation: 5840 ft/1780 m
- Annual Snowfall 65 inches
- Projected Opening: June 8th 2013
Thredbo – The highest skiing and longest runs in Australia. 5.5 to 6.5 hours from Sydney or Melbourne.
- Vertical Rise: 2205 ft
- Base Elevation: 4478 ft/1365 m
- Summit Elevation: 6683 ft/2037 m
- Annual Snowfall: 102 inches
- Projected Opening: June 8, 2013
Perisher Blue – Australia’s largest ski area covering 1,250 hectares.
- Vertical Rise 1407 ft
- Base Elevation 5266 ft/1605 m
- Summit Elevation 6673 ft/2034 m
- Annual Snowfall 83 inches
- Projected Opening: June 8 2013