Squaw Valley USA was ripping good today. With light snow, super cold temps, and a conspicuous lack of crowds the entire mountain was smooth and glorious. The wind was working to our favor, smoothing out North Bowl to Headwall Face lap after lap. The video above does not even begin to give justice to the amount of fun had today.
- Good, great, grand!
- Buffed and smooth slot
- North Bowl, Hogs Back, and the Face were to die for
- Palisades opened!
- Main was ripping, chalky goodness
- Looked like Extra opened (but Christmas Shopping made me late)
- Similar wind buff
- Devoid of any people
The Mountain Run
- High road opened, but heinous creek beds
- Ice rink near Headwall loading zone
- Carnage in every direction
The only word to describe today…fun. And the forecasted storm is holding strong, with multiple feet of snow en route for Squaw this weekend! We have a White Christmas, coming in cold and strong folks!!!