Looking for some good New England après spots for this season? Shaun Sutner has been a ski columnist for the Worcester Telegram since 2005, so he definitely knows the ins and outs of the New England ski industry. He ranked the twenty best après bars in the region and features spots in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont. The top choice goes to the Black Line Tavern at Magic Mountain, a beloved après spot that gives a direct view of the slopes. I personally have been to a few of these spots(Peak Lodge, Red Parka Pub, Cannonball Pub, Lotsbo Pub, and the Black Line Tavern), but I need to add these ones to my bucket list.
What do you think of the list? Are there any missing spots? I’d say it’s a pretty solid list overall, although I think General Starks Pub at Mad River Glen deserves a spot. You can read the full list, along with Shaun’s explanation for each pick here.
20. The Peak Lodge: Killington, Vermont
19. Onset Pub: Crotched Mountain, New Hampshire.
18. Zips Pub: Cranmore Mountain, New Hampshire.
17. Red Parka Pub: Glen, New Hampshire (Off-piste).
16. Paul Bunyan Room: Loon Mountain, New Hampshire.
15. The Belfry: Jay Peak, Vermont (Off-piste).
14. Castlerock Pub: Sugarbush, Vermont.
13. The Sled Pub: Pats Peak, New Hampshire.
12. Cannonball Pub: Cannon Mountain, New Hampshire.
11. The Lotsbo Pub: Black Mountain, New Hampshire.
10. Grizzly’s: Stratton Mountain, Vermont.
9. Foggy Goggle: Sunday River, Maine.
8. Widowmaker: Sugarloaf, Maine.
7. The Wobbly Barn Steakhouse and Pub: Killington, Vermont (Off-piste).
6. Crazy Horse: Berkshire East, Massachusetts.
5. Coppertop: Wachusett, Massachusetts.
4. Ptarmigans Pub: Attitash, New Hampshire.
3. Cuzzins: Mount Snow, Vermont.
2. The Matterhorn: Stowe, Vermont (Off-Piste).