Winter will be making an early appearance this week in Montana where up to 6″ of snow is predicted for the higher elevations. Probably won’t be enough to go skiing on but it’s a good reminder that winter is just around the corner.
Hazardous Weather Outlook
This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of south central
Montana and north central Wyoming.
* WHAT… Snow and Heavy Rainfall.
* WHERE…Snow for the Beartooth/Absaroka…Crazy and Bighorn
Mountains elevations above 7000 feet. Heavy rain over the
* WHEN…Wednesday afternoon into early Thursday.
* SNOW…Snowfall of 1 to 2 inches around 7000 feet including
Cooke City. Amounts greater than 6 inches possible above 8000
* RAIN…1 to 2 inches rain possible foothills and adjacent
A Hazardous Weather Outlook is issued when hazardous weather could
impact the region within the next week. Be sure to stay tuned for
future updates as locations, timing, and impacts could change.
Begin preparations to mitigate any impacts that could result from
the hazardous weather.