2 Men "Blown Out" Breckenridge Rental Home In Explosion Likely Caused By Falling Ice

2 Men "Blown Out" Breckenridge Rental Home In Explosion Likely Caused By Falling Ice

Uncategorized

2 Men "Blown Out" Breckenridge Rental Home In Explosion Likely Caused By Falling Ice

By

“One of the people who was in the house that had the least injuries told my battalion chief when he woke up, he was actually in the air and he was coming down.” -Fire Chief Jim Keating.

Preliminary investigation is showing the explosion that blew apart a rental home in Breck was caused by ice falling from a home’s roof that may have ruptured a gas line. CBS Denver reports the home exploded early Wednesday morning and when crews arrived the structure was flattened.

Two people were actually “blown out” of the home. Red White and Blue Fire officials  report both male victims were injured. Xcel Energy crews are conducting an investigation and have shown there was damage to the gas meter which was likely struck by a snow or ice slide. Here’s a facebook live stream of the damage:

****Firefighters in Colorado are urging residents to keep gas meters clear of snow and ice in this historic avalanche season with so much snowfall late in the season. Crews have been busy responding to several similar ice slide offs that have been breaking gas meters, creating dangerous conditions. Stay safe, stay proactive. 

More Unofficial Networks
Home