The Ikon Pass now has access to two continents in the southern hemisphere with the addition of New Zealand’s Remarkables, Coronet Peak, and Mt Hutt.
This is huge news in the battle for global, ski industry dominance. Vail has been outscored this autumn big time by the Ikon Pass. With the additions, the total Ikon Pass tally is 82,000+ skiable acres at 38 destinations across the globe. That’s big time competition for Vail Resorts.
Without a doubt, Queenstown is the biggest winter sports hub in New Zealand and is also host to a semi-metropolitan atmosphere that is very unique in the ski world.
“Queenstown is the Southern Hemisphere’s epicenter of adventure with all kinds of adrenaline-filled activities, including renowned skiing and riding at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables. The mountains’ terrain and vistas are only matched by Queenstown’s legendary nightlife.” – Erik Forsell, COO Alterra
Currently Vail Resorts does not have a presence in New Zealand but they do boast full reciprocity at Perisher, which they fully own.
Ikon Pass Destinations:
- California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
- Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort
- Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
- Michigan: Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain
- Montana: Big Sky Mountain Resort
- New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
- New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley
- Utah: Deer Valley Resort, Solitude Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, Brighton Resort
- Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort
- Washington: Crystal Mountain Resort, The Summit at Snoqualmie
- West Virginia: Snowshoe
- Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3
- British Columbia, Canada: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Cypress Mountain, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
- Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
- Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
- New South Wales, Australia: Thredbo
- South Island, New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt
- Hokkaido, Japan: Niseko United
- Central Andes, Chile: Valle Nevado
Ikon Pass by the Numbers
- Destinations: 38
- Continents: 4
- States: 12
- Canadian Provinces: 4
- Total Acres: 81,667*
*Does not include CMH stats
For more information, please visit www.ikonpass.com.