Here it is folks– what we’ve all been waiting for– Alterra‘s new pass will be called the Ikon and will offer up reciprocal skiing benefits at 23 “destinations” across North America.
The pass benefits will vary from resort to resort, with some offering full pass reciprocity benefits while others will grant pass holders a set amount of days to access their ski slopes.
The pass brings together a bunch of heavyweights that extend beyond the Alterra family. In addition to the Alterra/Aspen Ski Company, the partnership will include Alta Ski Area, Boyne Resorts, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, POWDR Resorts, and Snowbird.
Needless to say, this is BIG news. The pass will go on sale this spring and a price has yet to be announced. We will continue to update this story as new information becomes available.
Ikon Pass by Location
- California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
- Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
- Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
- Montana: Big Sky Resort
- New Hampshire: Loon Mountain Resort
- Utah: Deer Valley Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird
- Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort
- West Virginia: Snowshoe
- Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
- Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
- British Columbia: CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures -Access to special benefits to be announced soon
Ikon Pass by the Numbers:
- Destinations: 23
- States: 9
- Canadian Provinces: 3
- Total Acres: 48,840
- Vertical Drop: 70,192 ft
- Trails: 2,790
- Lifts: 434
*Does not include totals from CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Find out more here: Ikon Pass