A new ski resort will soon join the notorious Park City landscape. Mayflower Mountain Resort is currently being constructed next to Deer Valley Resort, and could potentially open in 2023. The Park Record reports that resort officials unveiled new details in a meeting last week with “Summit County and Wasatch County councils and the High Valley Transit District.”
Some of the new details resort officials disclosed include:
- The resort expects four thousand skiers and riders during peak periods.
- Once completed, twenty-three hundred workers will be needed to run the mountain.
- A key transit center could be constructed across the highway (U.S. 40) from the resort.
- No agreement has been reached with Deer Valley yet on if their neighbor will operate the new mountain, but talks are still ongoing.
- The first lift will open in December 2023, and will connect skiers to Deer Valley and Mayflowers trails. The majority of the lifts would open in December 2024.
- “The five miles of hiking and biking trails are set to open next spring after being shut down recently to avoid conflicts between trail users and construction equipment on the mountain.”
- “The development agreement requires 95,000 square feet of workforce housing, and the officials said about 9,500 of that is currently being used to build 17 workforce housing units… She and Krieg said the resort is planning to build a variety of employee housing styles. They said they weren’t ruling out dorm-style housing like what is being built at the Canyons Village base area, but the resort wouldn’t rely on that exclusively. The 17 units under construction are one- and two-bedroom apartments as well as studios.”
“Krieg and Hontz also detailed a $1 million low-interest rate loan program to help employees afford a down payment for a house. They indicated it was targeted to managerial-level staffers and would provide bridge loans between the amount the staffers have saved for a down payment and the figure needed.”