The year was 1991. Hair metal was on its way out, Chris Cornell was beginning to write songs, and Mitsubishi was in the midst of building what would become one of the greatest adventure vehicles of all time– The Delica Star Wagon.
Related: The Ski Bum’s Guide to Buying a Car
From 1988-1994, the Japanese based motor vehicle company perfected this model and to this day, it remains one of the most cultishly popular adventure vehicles of all time. Utilitarian, strong, and with more 90’s style than Kelly Kapowski, the Delica is not meant to be driven by posers.
“Equipped with seats for 7/8, solid rear axle , locking differential, 5 inches off ground clearance, this van will take you to the most interesting places on earth.” – Delica USA
Delica Star Wagon Features
- 1.4 liter – 2.4 liter engine
- Available in 2.5-liter diesel, turbodiesel, and a 2.6-liter naturally aspirated diesel
- 4-5 speed automatic + manual transmissions
- 4 Wheel Drive or rear wheel
- Seats 8
- 116 horsepower
- Aerodynamic, monocoque body design
Find a Delica Star Wagon for sale here: Delica USA