“We are thrilled to announce the opening of the Resort Friday-Sunday beginning June 26 including the Mountain Coaster, mini golf, scenic gondola rides with access to hiking, as well as dining on the Oasis sundeck and in the base area at Timber & Torch. The Steamboat Bike Park will not be open this summer. Things may look and operate differently for a while and we will have some guidelines in place that our staff and guests will be expected to follow which you can read more about here. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Steamboat!”
The ski season is officially kaput but there’s a bit of good news for Steamboat’s local economy with the announcement that the resort will reopen gondola rides, the mountain coaster and mini-golf in the month of June. They will not open the bike park this summer but this is a least a promising step.
HERE IS STEAMBOAT’S “COMMITMENT TO CONTAINMENT”:
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We have always placed the highest emphasis on the well being and safety of our guests and staff. In keeping with local, state and CDC guidelines, we have extended our commitment to safety and implemented additional measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at the resort.
- All employees will undergo temperature and health screenings for COVID-19 symptoms at the start of their shift each day. Those who are not well, show any signs or symptoms or live with a COVID positive individual will not be allowed to work or come onto the resort property.
- Employees will have easy access to hand sanitizers and hand-washing stations.
- Employees will receive continuous training on proper PHE (Personal Health Equipment) usage and importance of handwashing, frequent cleaning and social distancing.
- Per Routt County health orders, guests will be expected to wear face masks when loading and unloading the Mountain Coaster, when picking up or dropping off mini golf equipment, when loading and unloading the gondola and in the base area/restaurants when within 6 feet of another individual not at a table.
- Guests will load the gondola in groups they arrived with, single guests will load the gondola alone Shuttles will run at 50% capacity.
- Guest information will be collected for contact tracing purposes.
STAFF AND GUEST INTERACTIONS
- All staff are required to wear a face mask when within six feet of another person.
- Plexiglass will be utilized at certain transaction centers as additional protection for unavoidable interactions within six feet.
- Signage will be posted to help guide guests on how to practice social distancing and other matters.
- Restaurants and seating at indoor and outdoor communal places will be reconfigured to maintain the required distances between guests in different parties.
- Ticketing sales will be modified to reduce the need to infringe on social distancing measures.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS AND DISINFECTANT MEASURES
- All high-touch points (railings, bathrooms, door handles, tables, chairs, etc.) in the resort will be disinfected more frequently using cleaning products in accordance to EPA guidelines for infectious pathogens.
- Outlaw Mountain Coaster handles and seatbelts will be disinfected after each ride.
- Mini-golf equipment will be sanitized before putting in service for guest usage and after each use.
- High touch points areas inside the Gondola cabins (window handles, seats, etc.) will be sanitized more frequently on a daily basis.
Please note our preventative measures, procedures and protocols may change as new guidelines and information become available from the CDC and local/state authorities. As changes occur, we will update our mitigation plans, signage and website with new information. We appreciate your support and diligence in following our new procedures to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 and create a responsible and fun environment for our staff and visitors.
Please note that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting Steamboat Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.