Traveling to ski can be a chore. Walking to the ticket counter, ski bag in tow while your ski boots strapped across your backpack knock you in the face. It’s far from ideal. So stuff the backpack in your ski bag and get a bootbag as a carry-on. You’ll thank us later.
Our favorite boot bag is currently the 69L Kulkea Boot Trekker for its versatility, comfort, and the designer’s out of this world attention to detail.
“Imitated but never equaled. The technically designed, large, premium, travel ready ski boot backpack for alpine ski boots, helmet, gear and apparel.”
The bag itself features four zippered, vertical ports. Two of the pockets are meant for boots and two for gloves, both of which are ventilated via a mesh breath hole in the upper portion of the bag. This ventilation design allows your boots to dry out inside your home without having to pull them in and out of the bag apres ski. Just put them in a dry place overnight, and voila!
The middle of the bag is perhaps the best part. A massive, single reservoir compartment, this bag is not short on space. The simple utilitarian design gives skiers a lot of flexibility on what they can legitimately carry-on. Add in a helmet strap system and an accessories pocket with built-in goggle protector and it’s hard to argue with this scheme over the backpack and boot sling.
- Materials: Super durable, water-resistant nylons, polyester & Tarpaulin
- Sizing: Ski boots up to Mondo 31 (US Shoe Size-Men’s 13).
- Volume: 69L / 4200 cu in (Retractable Helmet Sling adds more).
- Dimensions: 18”H x14.5”L x 18”W (expands up to 19.5”W)
- Travel Ready: Helmet packs in front pocket, Waist Belt detaches, shoulder straps tuck into bag. See video below for illustration.
Buy here: Kulkea Boot Trekker