With the acquisition of Whistler Blackcomb, Vail Resorts has claimed their spot on the podium as one of the highest grossing ski resort operators in history.
Related: Vail Resorts Buys Whistler Blackcomb For $1.39 Billion
Not only is the Broomfield-based resort group rapidly expanding its reach, the company’s net revenue is set to jump considerably with the addition of North America’s largest and most visited ski area on their EpicPass. Vail Resorts Stock (MTN) opened on the New York Stock Exchange with a peak of $156.82. That number could continue to rise as news of resort development plans are solidified.
In the meantime, it’s worth noting how big Vail Resorts is with the newly added mega resort.
Related: Vail Resorts is NOT the World’s largest ski resort operator | Find out who is…
Vail Resorts By The Numbers
- 13 Ski Resorts Offered Under One Pass
- 42,265 skiable acres
- 330 Ski Lifts
- 1,538 trails
- 36,531 vertical feet
- Biggest ski resort = Whistler Blackcomb (8,171 acres)
- Smallest ski resort = Wilmot Mountain (120 acres)
- Skiing/riding in 3 countries
- Skiing/riding in 9 states/provinces
- Skiing/riding on 2 continents
- $1.4 billion in revenue (2015)
Find the press release concerning the Whistler acquisition here: Vail Resorts and Whistler Blackcomb Agree To Strategic Combination