[Cover Photo: Ruroc Facebook Page]
Although hat use has plummeted in years past, there are still some diehards refusing to give up the trusted toboggan for the brain bucket. Yet, while helmet use is a relative “no brainer,” people still argue for the taboggan and visa versa.
Here are the pros and cons of Hats vs. Helmets
- Easy to pack
- More breathable
- Better for aprés
- They itch
- Not tomahawk ready
- Helmets are warmer
- Listening to your friends and loved ones call you an idiot for not wearing a helmet.
- They protect that 3rd grade reading level you’re so proud of
- Earbuds stay in place better
- “Send ready” (kind of…)
- Gaper gaps are better
- Helmet mounts allow skiers to “get the shot”
- Hard to pack
- They give skiers a false assurance of being “send ready”
- They suck to travel with
- Finding one the fits right
When it comes down to it– there’s nothing cooler than the backwards ball cap and goggles look. Thanks Dex!
Also Read- Pros and Cons: Gondolas and Chairlifts