Squaw Valley, 6:30am: Today is gonna be crazy good. Squaw got 13-18 inches of new snow from the storm yesterday and last night. Winds are forecasted to be relatively mellow and the sun is even supposed to make an appearance. As of right now, it’s very overcast and still snowing lightly.
[update 9:00 AM] Headwall scheduled to open at 10:00 Granite Chief to open at 11:00. Silverado, Broken Arrow, Squaw one, Cornice II, and Olympic Lady not running today.
SQUAW CONDITIONS TODAY:
– “Still snowing this morning as a small wave is firing up snow showers across the basin. We could pick up another inch or two on the mountains before the snow showers taper off by later this morning.” – TahoeWeatherDiscussion.com (6:17am update)
– 13” of new snow at the base (6,200 ft)
– 18” of new snow at High Camp (8,200 ft)
– 17F at High Camp with 33mph wind gusts at 6am
– 24F at the base at 6am
– Overcast skies & light snow with clearing after 11am
– Silverado, Squaw One, Olympic Lady, & Cornice II OFF the Schedule for today
Today: Scattered snow showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.
Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50. East wind between 5 and 15 mph.