The wind was raging in Squaw last night. They topped out a 111mph on the ridge. Right now they are still hitting 75mph gusts on the ridge tops. Right now it’s snowing lightly and the wind doesn’t seem too bad down here in the valley.
Squaw’s operations today are going to reflect that strong wind.
SQUAW OPERATIONS THIS AM:
(as reported via squaw.com at 7:24am)
– KT-22 Closed
– Red Dog Open
– Squaw Creek Open
– Far East Closed
– Upper Mountain Entirely Closed
No KT kinda sucks, but I think they did this because there really isn’t a groomer down KT right now. There is kind of a skinny, windy cat track that comes down the saddle. But, we don’t even have enough snow right now to groom the saddle. That’s about to change.
– The reality is that the skiing very well may not be too great today.
– Hopefully the groomers are okay
– Off-piste is very likely hideous
– This snow isn’t supposed to stop until Sunday night