Jeb Stuart loves skiing. Period. Those who love to ski are out there regardless of what the conditions are. We all know you’ve got to be out there every day for the opportunity to get the goods if the season isn’t readily delivering them- but since Jeb was making turns while most were brooding over their 3rd cup of coffee, he’s got a sweet compilation of great skiing. Two phrases can help sum up how these pow lines got in this video while most of us were on groomers and bumps: 1) You don’t know unless you go. 2) The early bird gets the worm.
Unfortunately, all the unfilmed runs on groomers and hardpack drove Jeb stir crazy and he began challenging himself in ways that indicate he was suffering from Low Tide Fever. This, in turn, led to 3 runs down the “Tuna Couloir” on one hardpack day. (Right before our big January storm…) The third lap ended with a tomahawk in the rock laced mogul runout- a starfish with enough power to send Jeb’s leg into the operating room. Three weeks out of surgery, Jeb is aiming to be back on snow as soon as possible…which should lead to more solid edits like this one! Heal up strong and fast, buddy!
A few notes from the video:
- Anyone recognize the opening ski shot (up till :50)?
- 1:51 – nice line from the frame grab
- Tanner Flannagan making motorcycle sounds to himself at 2:38.
- Tuna Couloir (in pow) at 3:25
- 3:53 – Bob Kilmain exhibiting proper heckling technique.
- 4:00 – hardest ski run in the world…Core Bits Coulie.