Snow King is the first ski resort in the Jackson Hole, Wyoming Area. When Snow King started in 1939 ski lift tickets were a whopping $2.95 and that other sissy mountain now called JHMR was called Crystal Springs Girl Scout Ranch. No bullsh%t, that pansy-ass mountain was a girl scout ranch.
Anyway, the owners of Snow King tried to turn it into a non-profit, it didn’t work and now they are selling it.
This is where the insane Snowmobile Hill climb goes down every year. ‘Bilers climb 1,500 feet up Snow Kings steepest run while 10,000 red necks watch. The town of Jackson LITERALLY sells out of Malboros and Budweisers during this even every year. What could be more exciting than watching people ride snowmobiles up hills?
SNOW KING STATISTICS:
– Largest private employer in Jackson, Wyoming
– Sale includes ski resort, 204 room hotel, a conference center, condos, land, & recreational assets
– 465 acre ski resort
– 6 blocks from Jackson town square
– Base elevation 6,237. Top elevation 7,808. Vertical rise 1,571
– 15% Beginner; 25% Intermediate; 60% Advanced
– 1 Triple Chair, 2 Double Chairs, 1 Surface Tow, 1 Tubing Surface Tow
– Longest Run = 9/10 Mile
– Snowmaking = 150 Acres, 963 Vertical Feet, 50% of all Groomed Trails
– Night Skiing = 2 lifts; over 110 Acres
– Groomed Terrain = 300 acres
– Average Annual Snowfall = 150 inches
– 31 trails
– Uphill Capacity = 2,700 humans per hour
“In addition to being the largest private employer in town, we have a large percentage of the development rights in the county and are the largest privately owned lodging enterprise in the state,” says Manuel Lopez, current owner of Snow King. “Whoever buys this asset will have a huge influence in the future of Jackson Hole, and by extension, of Wyoming.”