I guess people weren’t buying passes. Or they weren’t buying passes until the last minute. In response to one or both of these scenarios, Squaw has extended their cheap passes until June 17th. If you missed this, get on it now.
SQUAW SEASON PASSES:
Gold – $699 – No Blackout Dates
Silver – $499 – Blackout Dates: Dec. 26-31, 2011, Jan. 14-15, Feb. 18-19, 2012
Bronze – $399 – Blackout Dates: Dec. 26-31, 2011, Jan.14-15, Feb. 18-19, 2012. All Saturdays in Jan. and Feb.
One immediate bonus to buying next year’s pass is that you can ski the July 4th weekend with it.
OTHER PERKS TO OWNING A SQUAW PASS:
- Village at Squaw Valley lodging discounts. 25% off Sunday through Thursday stays and 10% off Fridays and Saturdays June 1-December 15, 2011. Some restrictions apply. See details
- Exclusive lodging discounts at these KSL Resorts: Hotel Del Coronado, La Costa, Rancho Las Palmas, Homestead, Barton Creek, and Montelucia
- One adult full day lift ticket at half day rate on dates that your pass is blacked out. Tickets are non-transferrable & for passholder use only
- Bring a friend and receive $10 off of an adult all day lift ticket or $5 off a senior, youth or child lift ticket. Valid when winter pass is valid only, not valid July 2-4, limit one discount ticket per passholder, per day. Passholder must be present for purchase
- 30% discount on Adult Snowsports School private half-day lesson (3-hours) with minimum 24-hour advance reservation required, up to five people (non-holiday)
- Invitation to the Annual Passholder party
- 15% off Squaw Valley USA retail purchases*
- 15% off Winter Season Preferred Parking Passes
- Free summer Cable Car rides
- Night skiing when it is in operation
- $25 (Canadian) off regular adult all day lift ticket and adult multi-day lift tickets at Whistler Blackomb.
We don’t know what they will go up to. But they will likely go up in stages of 33% or so.