The biggest ski resort in Washington is bringing back its reservation system. Individuals who want to park at the resort will need to reserve a spot online. Starting January 11th, guests can reserve access to Crystal’s parking lots. They will need to register their license plates with the resort before reserving, and will only be allowed to book two days at a time. Those who have A-Lot permits or are hotel guests will be exempt from the reservations system. Their official statement is below:
“Beginning this Saturday, January 8th, we will be significantly increasing the use of our overflow lot at the Expo Center/Fairgrounds located just off of 410 in Enumclaw.
- Free shuttle transportation will be available on a load-and-go basis this weekend, Jan. 8-9, allowing skiers and riders to begin loading at 6:30 AM and run consistently until 1 PM, with return departures starting at 2 PM running until 6 PM.
- Shuttles will run Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout the season.
- This weekend, Jan 8-9, we will offer a walk-on shuttle service without a reservation.
On Tuesday, January 11th, we will launch a parking reservations system for the on-mountain parking lots, allowing guests to book a parking spot Saturdays, Sundays, as well as MLK and Presidents Day.
- The first date when parking reservations will be required will be Saturday, January 15th. This on-site parking reservations system will continue to be supplemented with the shuttle-serviced overflow lot service throughout the season.
- The parking reservation link and more details will be available next week.
By providing an opportunity to either park in the limited on-mountain spaces available, or to select the use of the overflow lot and shuttle system, we will offer significantly more skiers and riders on-hill access on any given day.”
This parking reservation was a reversal of their previous plan, which would’ve had season pass holders reserve online. The original plan was to have pass holders make lift reservations starting on January Fourth:
“To help offer the best guest experience possible during a busy season, Crystal Mountain will require lift reservations for all skiers and riders including Ikon Pass holders, local pass holders, and local frequency day products starting Saturday, January 8, 2022. Reservations can be made starting at 9 am PT on Tuesday, January 4 at ikonpass.com in My Account. Reservations will be limited to a maximum of 7 per pass holder at one time.”
It’s not particularly surprising, and I think it’s actually a good move. After a busy start to their season in 2020-21, Crystal did the same thing. The crowds have been crazy over the holiday season at many big-name ski resorts across the country. And it wasn’t just at mountains owned by Vail. Frankly, I’m surprised Vail hasn’t gone back to the reservation system based on all the staffing shortages that they’ve had. Perhaps the folks at Stevens Pass should consider such a move to improve local relationships. Image Credits: Crystal Mountain Resort