Yesterday morning, Joe Skier published an article listing reasons why Whistler is better than Squaw. We all know how much those Canadians love Canada and everything Canadian. However, down here at Squaw, we wouldn’t be doing a good job of upholding our ‘merican reputation if we didn’t remind lil’ Joey who invented this “ski game.”
Hence, our list of why Squaw reigns supreme over Whistler.
10. You don’t have to speak Canadian or Australian to communicate.
9. You don’t have to take 2 lifts to get 1 run.
8. Mid-weeks are quiet and empty, not packed the entire season.
7. It doesn’t take 22+ minutes on a gondola, plus one more chair ride to get to our best terrain.
6. Squaw has produced more pro skiers and Olympic athletes.
5. People around the world have heard of KT-22. What’s the name of that one chair at Whistler?
4. People don’t stop skiing when the Leafs or Canucks are on the television.
3. If it’s not snowing, it’s SUNNY, not raining.
2. 4’ overnight snowfalls aren’t uncommon.
1. It’s in California. What’s cooler than California?
In response to Joe Skier’s article: Top 10 Reasons Whistler is Better than Squaw