Squaw Valley has recived a Conditional Use Permit to remove the old Red Dog chairlift and replace it with a high-speed detachable 6 pack. With a new high-speed 6 pack replacing the old Red Dog chair we should see shorter lines at KT as well as faster laps early season when Red Dog is the only chairlift operating. This is big news for the skiers and riders of Squaw Valley.
- New Detachable 6 pack chairlift to replace fixed-grip 3 person chairlift
- Increased capacity from 1,800 to 2,400 skiers per hour
- Tower placements will be moved to reduce length and height
- 49 healthy trees are targeted for removal or pruning
- Projected to be complete by next season
- Full Details: placer.ca.gov