CONDITIONS @ WHISTLER TODAY, DECEMBER 12th:
– 8+” of light, sluffy, new snow on the upper mountain
– Sunshine all day (this is a rare this time of year) with light winds
– 1/2 way down the mountain it was a bit dust on crusty
– Bottom of the mountain only had about 2 inches of new snow
WHERE THE BEST SKIING WAS @ WHISTLER TODAY = FLUTE BOWL
Symphony was as good as fun, mellow, heli skiing today.
Symphony Chair hasn’t been open yet this season. No one’s been skiing it and the zone is smoooth.
- A 30-40 minute traverse/hike off the top of the Harmony Chair got you to the top of the Flute Bowl zone in Symphony.
- The entire Flute Bowl looked like a dream this morning. Even at closing time, the place had very little damage.
- Best line in Flute Bowl was the nose between the North Flute Bowl and Flute Bowl
- North Flute Bowl had some great turns, sluffs, airs, and high speed run-out speed check turns on responsive, low density snow
NON-SYMPHONY GOOD SKIING @ WHISTLER TODAY:
- The Peak Chair was good in the morning before it got tracked out.
- The Couloir was fun with plenty of untouched snow early on, airs, and noses to ski out on.
- A coupla guys skied the Coffin and it looked good.
- Khyber’s was likely damn fun today.
- Once again, there was no one out today.
- The longest line we waited in today on Harmony was about 4 minutes, but usually it was less than 30 seconds.
- Whistler and Blackcomb are empty playgrounds right now with no lines.
WHISTLER SNOW STATISTICS:
– Today was an unreal day. Sun, no wind, 8+” of new snow, warmish temps, low crowds, and the entire Symphony zone left to hike only skiing. C’est bon.
– We saw tracks coming out of DOA, Body Bag, and Disease Ridge and they all looked sweet.