Jackson Hole is closing obnoxiously early once again this year. This year they are closing with a 94” base and 5” of new snow in the past 48 hours.
As a local, there is only one way to describe this: lame.
This place is one of the best ski resorts in the Americas and is only open 4 months per year…
There are at least 7 more weeks of high quality shredding left to be skied at Jackson Hole. On top of that, we guarantee that there will be at least a few more powder days up there.
JACKSON HOLE 2011/12:
– Opened November 26th, 2011
– Closed April 9th, 2011
– 373” of snow this year
– 459” average annual snowfall
– 94” of snowpack on the ground right now
some of the action this year at Jax = Private TGR shoot on Corbet’s Couloir…
THE BIG QUESTION:
– What does the Jackson Hole community have to do to get this place to stay open longer?
– The Jax community was able to get the backcountry gates open, now it’s time to stay open until May.
Seriously, what do we need to do?
Would you travel to Jax in the springtime to ski?
What can Jax do to attract springtime visitors?