Squaw was a bit bipolar today. Perfectly sunny with no wind at times. Nuking an inch an hour and windy at times. We did get some snow outta this storm today. The mountain was mostly dust on crust, but there were some wind buffed spots out there. Nothing you’d wanna get too confident in, but good patches here and there.
The most impressive aspect of today was that the Palisades, Granite Chief Peak, and Mainline Pocket were all blown back in. The Chimney will go again tomorrow. Tomorrow’s forecast is for nothing but sun. Chimney time.
SQUAW CONDITIONS TODAY:
– Better in the afternoon than in the morning
– An inch + fell during the day and blew into good wind buff in spots
– High of only 18F at High Camp (8,200 ft)
– High of only 31F at the base (6,200 ft)
– Best runs found = Granite chief, skiers left of chair
– Silverado was okay up top, dust on chicken heads down low
– Siberia groomer right under the chair was $$
This Afternoon: Scattered snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind around 15 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northeast wind around 15 mph becoming west.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind around 15 mph becoming east. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. East wind around 15 mph becoming south. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 25.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.