The Donner Party
Think you’re the best freerider in Tahoe? Prove it! Building on the success of the 2010 Battle in the Bubbles, Unofficial Networks presents “The Donner Party”, a big mountain freeride contest open to all skiers and snowboarders. The format is simple: Ski or ride a line of your choice anywhere on Donner Peak and capture it on film; then submit the video to Unofficial Squaw by April 1st. The top five videos, selected by our panel of celebrity judges, will be posted on Unofficial Networks for voting, and the winner will take home $1000.
- Video footage may consist of POV, a single 2nd person angle, or a combination, and MUST be in real time, with no editing for line pauses.
- Music/sound may be added to the final edit.
- Athletes may attempt as many lines as they choose, but can only submit a single video entry, consisting of one continuous run.
- There is no limit to the number of athletes a cinematographer can work with.
- Entries must be under 3 minutes in length.
- Entries should be submitted to email@example.com as a link to vimeo or youtube. If you have any questions or inquiries regarding the event, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Video of last years Battle in the Bubbles: “We assembled ten of Tahoe’s best unknown skiers and put them on one of the sickest, most challenging faces on the North Shore and let you, the viewer, decide who won.”