^Webcam capture from Montezuma Bowl on 2/17/22
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is back in the news this morning, and for a very good reason! The ski area just announced that they have installed 10 electric car charging ports that are free to use by guests.
This investments makes traveling in an EV from Denver to A-Basin a real possibility, and I love to see it!
Check out the full details from A-Basin below:
We are pleased to announce that we now have 5, dual-port electric vehicle charging stations installed at the front of our Early Riser Parking lot (i.e. prime parking!). For the rest of the Winter 21-22 season, the charging stations are FREE.
- Space for 10 electric vehicles adjacent the rental shop building.
- Available when our parking lot is open, 7 AM – 6 PM.
- Chargepoint Level II stations deliver about 25-30 driving miles per hour of charging. This equals about 3 hours to top off after a trip from Denver.
- Stations are accessible via the Chargepoint network and app.
- Teslas welcome but need to supply their own adapter to use the Chargepoint stations.