Accidents happen on the slopes but there’s a well defined skier responsibility code to keep resort safe which includes always maintaining control/be able to stop or avoid other people or objects and people ahead of you have the right of way. With that in mind, who would you say is at fault in this instance or are they both to blame?
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
images from NSAA.org