After a big warming event left New England’s rivers clogged with ice jams, flooding, and spring skiing– snow is forecasted to return to the east coast this week.
Snow will be widespread from western NY through southern VT as well as western Mass and most of Connecticut. Snow will begin to fall on Tuesday with low temps and those low temps + snowy skies should persist until Thursday.
“More snow on the way for the region. Some snow looks to begin late tonight, but the steadiest snowfall looks to occur during the day Tuesday into Tuesday night. Some snow may even linger into Wednesday morning for eastern areas. Most areas look to see 3 to 6 inches, and a Winter Weather Advisory has been issued. Across western New England and the Taconics, a Winter Storm Watch is in effect, with 4 to 8 inches possible for this area.” – NWS Albany
Following the snow, sunny skies and low temps should make for a great week of skiing at places like Mount Snow, Okemo, and Killington in Vermont as well as Gore Mountain and Hunter in New York.
Gore Mountain Forecast:
Mount Snow Forecast:
Winter Weather Advisory [Gore]
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TUESDAY TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY…
* WHAT…Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions, including during the evening commute on Tuesday. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches are expected, with the highest totals across the higher terrain.
* WHERE…All of east central and eastern New York except for the northern and central Taconics.
* WHEN…From 7 AM Tuesday to 7 AM EST Wednesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
Winter Weather Advisory [Killington]
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TUESDAY TO 11 AM EST WEDNESDAY…
* WHAT…Snow expected. Plan on slippery road conditions, including during the morning commute on Wednesday. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches are expected with localized amounts to 6 inches.
* WHERE…Orange, Rutland, and Windsor counties of Vermont.
* WHEN…From noon Tuesday to 11 AM EST Wednesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times, especially late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning when snow will be steadiest. Only light snow is expected Tuesday through Tuesday evening.
Winter Storm Watch [Mount Snow + Southern VT]
…WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING…
* WHAT…Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions, including during the evening commute on Tuesday and the morning commute on Wednesday. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are possible.
* WHERE…Southern Vermont, northwestern Connecticut, the northern and central Taconics of east central New York and western Massachusetts.
* WHEN…From Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Significant reductions in visibility are possible.