Snowfall of the epic variety is smashing into the alps with up to 100″ forecasted for the higher elevations of Zermatt/Cervinia/Saas Fee reports wePowder.com.
The storm, nicknamed “Eleanor,” will last through Friday in the French Alps according to MeteoFrance.com. The eastern alps will see HUGE snow totals before a short break on Saturday. Bonus– that break will be followed on Monday by MORE SNOW in Austria and Switzerland.
- 100+ inches forecasted for Zermatt, CH
- Between 40-90″ above 6,500′ for French + Austrian Alps
- Italian alps should see between 30-80″
- Multiple roadways closed for avalanche mitigation
- Valmorel, Alpe d’Huez, Avoriaz WERE CLOSED TODAY!
The Good: Plenty of freshies above that snow line with the high alpine getting absolutely plastered.
The Bad: Much of the snow will be relegated to higher elevations as a warn, Föhn wind pushs snow levels up as the storm progresses.
Find the entire wePowder forecast here: Shifting temperatures that end with a retour d’est?