You heard it here first folks– powder day on Saturday @TimberlineLodge this weekend. Get it before it turns to rain on Saturday afternoon…
The atmospheric river we’ve been talking about all week long is smashing into Mt Hood today and the ski area just outside Government Camp will see precipitation into next week reports NOAA. The storm is set to deliver over 37″ to the upper mountain elevations of Timberline.
- 5.94″ of rain forecasted for Gov. Camp
- Temps gradually climb starting mid-day on Saturday
- Powder day is Saturday
- Sunday will be dicey
Winter Weather Advisory
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT FRIDAY…
* WHAT…Snow occurring. Plan on roads becoming snow covered and slippery. Total snow accumulations through Friday of 3 to 7 inches at the passes and 8 to 15 inches at higher elevations. Snow levels around 4500 feet.
* WHERE…In Oregon, Northern Oregon Cascades and Cascades in Lane County. In Washington, South Washington Cascades.
* WHEN…Until 5 PM Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Look for reduced visibilities at times.