- Hero6 Black features unmatched stabilization
- Karma problems fixed, deeper integration with other cameras
- ‘Fusion’ provides seamless 5.2k, 360° footage
Nick Woodman took the event stage once again a year after releasing the Karma Drone in 2016. Following that release, Karma failed miserably.
Related: GoPro Puts Karma Drone Back On Market 3 Months After Getting Recalled For Catastrophic Failures
Batteries randomly stopped working and the drones came plummeting down— prompting a massive recall that would setback GoPro in a big way. This year, Woodman hopes to reverse course and right the Karma ship by further integrating his cameras with drones while fixing the bugs and technical issues they saw last year. In addition to improving their current lineup of products, GoPro also revealed a new product in itself– a 360° VR camera.
Here’s a look at the new products…
GoPro Hero6 Black:
With a newly developed GP1 chip, HERO6 Black has twice the film capture capacity as the HERO5 in addition to boasting the best POV image quality yet.
- Seamless voice commands
- 2X the frame capture capacity
- Shoots 4K video x 60fps, 2.7K x 120fps and 1080p at x 240fps
- 3X the download speed
Fully functional drone with follow cam capapabilities and Hollywood quality stabalization.
- Integrated backpack for easy travel
- Handheld controller
- Karma grip for stabalization
- Maximum Speed 35 mph (15 m/s)
- Maximum Distance Up to 9,840ft (3,000m)
- Maximum Flight Altitude 10,500ft (3,200m)
- Maximum Wind Resistance 22mph (10m/s)
- Operating Frequency 2.4GHz
- Dimensions (Opened/No Propellers) Length: 12in (303mm)
- Width: 16.2in (411mm)
- Height: 4.6in (117mm)
- Dimensions (Folded/Transport) Length: 14.4in (365.2mm)
- Width: 8.8in (224.3mm)
- Height: 3.5in (89.9mm)
- Propeller Length 10in (25.4cm)
- Weight 35.5oz (1006g)
The Fusion 360° offers fully immersive 5.2k VR footage that is the top of its line. Perhaps the most interesting (*as well as confusing), is the “over-capture“ feature that allows the filmer to create a more immersive experience that mimics a follow cam using spherical footage. The Fusion will not be offered until 2018.
- Voice control
- 5.2k display
- 360°, spherical perspective