With the exception of torn ACL’s, driving to the skill hill in weekend traffic might be the biggest drawback to the world’s greatest sport. This is especially true in the northeast, where I-87 clogs like a drain filled with bacon grease. So in order to combat traffic and offer New Yorkers a stress free way to the mountains (God knows they need it), a new charter bus service will now deliver New Yorkers to and from Stratton ski resort in Vermont with buses leaving on Friday and returning on Sunday
Full schedule can be found here
Normally a 4 and 1/2 hour drive from Manhattan, Stratton offers some of the best skiing on the east coast and has long been a home away from home during the winter for New Yorkers looking to spend time enjoying the cold instead of dreading it as an obstacle to their morning commute.
The service is being offered by strattonjitney.com
“Getting to Stratton from New York City just got a whole lot nicer. Each weekend this winter enjoy upscale transportation and services aboard a Hampton Ambassador motorcoach to Stratton as you head toward a great weekend of top notch skiing, dining and accommodations.”–strattonjitney.com
- Direct service from NYC runs each Friday and returns each Sunday (Returns Mondays on MLK & President’s Day Weends). Departs 44th & 3rd at 5:45pm.
- Long Island pick up locations available in Calverton and at the Exit 49 Park and Ride of the Long Island Expressway.
- Service runs from January 8th to March 27th, 2016.
- Special introductory one way fare is only $79.00 per person.
- Children 2 and under ride free.
- Pets are welcome onboard in an approved DOT carrier ($15.00 fee applies).
- Approximately 4 hours from NYC.
- Luxurious, first class accomodations with unprecedented leg room and personal space with our 2+1 seating configuration.
- On board Attendant to serve complimentary snacks and beverages.
- Free dual band Wi-Fi included.