New snow across the Alps has allowed a number of ski resorts to re-open this weekend for skiing and riding. After a massive winter many resorts are boasting 3m bases and between 10 and 40cm of new snow.
Cortina, in the Italian Dolomites, will be spinning a few lifts early in the morning for the diehards.
“Due to excellent snow conditions, after recent and continuing fresh snowfalls, the ski lifts at Ra Valles, the top area of Tofana, are opening for skiers this weekend. The lift will open at 6.30am and skiers can ski until 9.30.”
– Passo Stelvio will also be open for skiing and riding this weekend in Italy.
Austria will have 5 ski areas open for skiing and riding this weekend.
– The ski resort of Kitzsteinhorn will re-opened on Friday.
– Molltal, which re-opened last weekend, will be open until May 2014. Thats the next 10 months!
– The Stubai is in its final week of it’s 10 month season and will be closing next weekend.
– Also open are Dachstein and year-round ski area of Hintertux.
In france you can still make turns on killer summer conditions at Les 2 Alpes, Tignes and Val d’Isere.
– Les2Alpes opened last weekend.
– Val d’Isere will be open till July 14th.
“During its first weekend over 3,000 skiers and boarders came from all over Europe to enjoy the snow and the sun on Europe’s largest skiable glacier,” said a statement from Les2Alpes, France
While in Switzerland Zermatt will be open for skier and riders this weekend.
– Saas Fee will open again for summer skiing on July 27th.