Revelstoke, B.C. – A storm rolled into Revelstoke yesterday and it doesn’t wanna stop. Revelstoke received 11 cms (4.5”) overnight at the top of the mountain, it snowed most the day today, it’s snowing right now, & it’s been mostly socked in up high.
“competition will not take place tomorrow, Jan. 7, due to a very snowy forecast at Revelstoke Mountain Resort.” – FWT
THE GOOD NEWS:
– It’s snowing, it’s light snow, and the venue needed a refresh (it hadn’t significantly snowed here for about 2 weeks).
– The venue has received 14cms (5.4”) in the past 48 hours
– The forecast is for up to 25cms (10”) in the next 48 hours
– The skiing was great top to bottom on the mountain today
– When it does clear, it’s gonna be good up there
– The window for this competition is Jan. 7th – Jan. 12th, 2013, so we’ve got time
OPENING CEREMONIES for FWT:
– Tonight Revelstoke held the opening ceremonies of the Freeride World Tour which involved introducing each competitor to the audience and lining them up with their peers.
STAY TUNED for MORE FWT INFO:
– We’ll keep you up to date on when the competition will go down.
– To see a full list of competitors please check out this link: Revelstoke FWT Full Info