By -Magee Walker
Spring is here, the weather is awesome and the chairlifts are just about empty. If you’re still trying to pick up on the chairlift, you’re probably not having any luck. Where have all the girls gone? To the lake (or ocean) , naturally.
Based on my experience spanning the past week, I have seen more groups of girls congregated at the beach than I have possibly ever seen on the mountain. On the plus side, it’s probably easier to gauge physical attraction when you can see more skin than the below goggles/above jacket collar area. On the down side, you’re going to have to work a little harder to break the ice. If you fancy yourself a regular Casanova, go forth and have fun. Otherwise, consider the following suave introduction methods:
- Games. Who doesn’t love games at the beach? Boring people, that’s who. An old coworker once told me that he and his buddy would bring a Frisbee to the beach, find two girls sitting together, and tell them that they wanted to play a four person game but were short on players. Pretty smooth. You could also try the old self-invite. If you see some ladies throwing the Frisbee around, ask if you can join in. They probably won’t say no.
- Dogs. Dogs are the best for intros. If you have a dog, you are basically inviting strangers to come over to play with it. That works both ways—it’s super easy to go up to a pretty girl with a dog under the guise of patting the dog, and you are quite likely to attract some girl companions if you have an adorable dog yourself. Bonus points if it’s a puppy, and that’s a universal rule.
- Beverages. People like to drink at the lake. It never hurts to bring along a few extras, and then offer some to the group of girls sitting nearby. It’s like beach equivalent of buying a girl a drink, I guess. Tip: for some unknown reason, pretty well every girl I meet with the exception of myself loves to drink Palm Bays, so perhaps keep a few of those kicking around.
Once you’ve nailed the intro, proceed with awesome. Hopefully, I don’t need to tell you how to actually talk to girls, but it doesn’t hurt to have a follow up plan. The best follow up plan is to keep the fun going. Ask your lady target(s) what they’ve got going on that night, and invite them along to whichever awesome plan you have, which could include:
- Bonfires: Most awesome plan of all. Anyone who says no to this is not worthy of your time.
- Grabbing dinner post-beach at a nearby establishment (Roland’s by Alpha Lake and the like).
- A night on the town, if that’s what you fancy.