It’s Friday the 13th but we’re in luck today! Squaw is reporting 23″ of new snow at 8200 from this storm cycle and much of it has yet to be skied! The whole upper mountain except for Silverado and Broken Arrow is scheduled to open this morning! Spring in the Sierra can be fickle. We had a nice dump at the beginning of the month followed by a few warm days and now we’ve flip flopped right back into winter. Well, at least until Sunday.
8 + inches of snow on the railing this morning, definitely more than sandal deep. That is of course unless you were already really committed to the season change and refuse to pull the Sorels from long term storage on account of a little April flurry.
Conditions at Squaw:
– 21 degrees F at 8200 & 27 degree F at the base
– 7 inches of new snow in the last 24 hrs at 6200 & 13 inches of new snow up top
– A storm total of 23 inches at 8200 and still snowing!
– Light winds out of the South West and a Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 5:00 pm
– All lifts on the upper mountain are scheduled to operate except Silverado and Broken Arrow