The Banff Mountain Film Festival, a tradition of adventure, education and inspiration for more than 35 years. Every Fall 1000s gather in Banff, Alberta, Canada for 9 days to relish in the world’s best mountain films, books and speakers. The stories transmitted through this upper echelon event reach deep into the recesses of outdoor mountain adventure and beyond.
If there’s a tale of extraordinary human feat, groundbreaking exploration, or breathtaking natural wonderment chances are it will find its way to Banff. Fortunately you and I do not have to travel to Banff to experience these uplifting, often funny, and at times heart wrenching compositions – the Banff Mountain World Tour brings the best of the Film Festival to us.
The 2011/2012 World Tour is winding down yet there are still many opportunities to take in these pioneering works of audio/visual art first hand, especially for those of us living in or near the Sierra Crest Corridor.
Here is a partial list of upcoming Banff Film Festival World Tour stops:
RENO (SPARKS), NV
- April 5, 2012 Nevada Land Conservancy 775-851-5180 email@example.com
STATELINE (SOUTH LAKE TAHOE)
- April 2, 2012 Squirrel’s Custom, Venue & ticketing: Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
- March 30, 31, 2012 (7pm each night), Tri-County Fairgrounds, Charles Brown Auditorium. For tickets: Wilsons Eastside Sports 760-873-7520
- April 13, 2012 Chico State University 530-898-4011
- April 10, 11, 2012 Rocknasium 530-757-2902 firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 6, 7, 2012 Sierra County Arts Council Venue: Yuba Theater 530-289-9822 email@example.com
Be sure to contact your local venue’s event organizers for further details on location, times, tickets and more. You may also visit the Banff Mountain Festival Website to dig up information on possible World Tour stops in your area.
Have the opportunity to attend your local screening of the Banff Mountain Film Festival? Go, you’ll be glad you did.
NOTE ABOUT THE ABOVE TRAILER: From 2:30-6:50 it’s pretty much a plug for their sponsors – everything before and after that is pure awesomeness.