Not to sound too much like ski resort PR personnel, but we have a wintery mix right now on the valley floor in Squaw. I can tell that it did rain for a bit last night/this morning but it’s not exactly raining right now. It’s just über-wet-flying-straight-down-fast-somwhat-frozen-H2O…it’s pretty much rain.
SQUAW THIS MORNING:
– 22” storm total up top and a 9” storm total at the base
– Bombs going off like crazy since 7am (and still going off currently at 8:00am)
– Snow levels are supposed to start out at 6,400 feet and rise to 7,200 feet during the day
– Upper mountain completely closed
– KT-22, Red Dog, Squaw Creek, Far East = Scheduled
– 27F at High Camp & 34F at the base at 8am.
There is a good chance that it’ll be pretty damn fun up on KT this morning. Yeah, it’ll be wet, but it’ll be fresh snow. Hopefully not everything slid off in avy control this morning.
We’ll report back on the skiing conditions soon, or follow us on twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/unofficialsquaw)as we give real time information