Squaw was fun today…for a bit. Then it got warm and wet and tracked. Check out the video below.
Right now, it’s 5pm and it’s pissing rain all the way to the Top of KT and Tram Face.
How high did the snow levels get today?
– 31F at the top of Squaw at 4pm
– 37F at the base of Squaw at 3pm
– 31F at High Camp (8,200 ft) at 3pm
– Not exactly sure how high they got but they got pretty high
Don’t worry this weekend’s storm looks COLD!!
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RENO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* TIMING: SNOW WILL DEVELOP THURSDAY NIGHT AND REMAIN NEAR THE SIERRA CREST THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON. AT LAKE LEVEL...A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW IS EXPECTED THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON BEFORE CHANGING TO ALL SNOW FRIDAY NIGHT.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: SEVERAL FEET OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE ABOVE 7000 FEET WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALS NEAR THE SIERRA CREST. BELOW 7000 FEET...10 TO 20 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS NEAR AND WEST OF HIGHWAY 89 MAINLY OCCURRING FRIDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.
* WINDS: SOUTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH. RIDGE GUSTS IN THE SIERRA UP TO 90 MPH
* SNOW LEVELS: VARYING BETWEEN LAKE LEVEL AND 7000 FEET THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...THEN DROPPING QUICKLY TO THE VALLEY FLOOR BY FRIDAY EVENING.