CONDITIONS AT BLACKCOMB TODAY:
- Fast, fun, spongy/chalky, responsive snow up high
- Some great soft powder left in spots
- Untouched pillows in many secret places
- Hard, scratchy skied up snow down low
- Bottom Line = Damn good skiing at Blackcomb today, especially considering it’s only December 9th.
WHERE WAS BEST TODAY:
- Ruby Bowl was skiing amazingly top to bottom. Powder and pillow poppers up high. Chalky/spongy crazy fun and fast snow in the middle and down low. Great winter snow.
- Diamond Bowl was chalky/spongy goodness top to bottom
- Chainsaw Ridge was chalky, responsive, and a bit puckering. Some chutes with mandatory airs and a crazy Euro who tried to kill himself and Trevor by doing a 200 vertical foot tomahawk down the chute while Trev was in it. Watch out for him.
- General great skiing conditions from the bottom of Glacier Express to the top.
- 61” base
- 144” this season
- 29” in past 7 days
- There’s no one up here right now. Today was a sunday, near the holidays, and we never waited in line once.
- It was simply a great day on the mountain. Fast, responsive snow allowed for snow-spraying, leg quivering top to bottom runs all day long. Whistler is the perfect place to get strong in the early season.
WHAT’S OPEN AT BLACKCOMB:
- Solar Coaster Chair
- Excelerator Chair
- 7th Heaven Express
- Glacier Express
- Catskinner Chair
- Jersey Cream Chair
- Crystal Chair