There’s been a lot of speculation as to what KSL, the new owners of Squaw Valley, would do in regards to season pass prices for the 2011-2012 season. Well, the wait is over. This morning, on the heels of the largest 24 hour snowfall of the year, Squaw announced it’s pass prices for next year. Silver passes stayed the same at $499 and the Bronze pass rose $30 to $399. The price of the Gold pass has come down $250, to $699, and the Platinum pass has been eliminated.
Gone are all the extra perks that the Platinum pass was laden with, and those too of the Gold pass. All pass holders will receive the same benefits and discounts, the only thing that will vary are the dates the pass is valid (see below).
Many locals have been longing for the days of $1400 season passes, and the shorter KT lines that accompanied them. I for one, fondly remember skiing straight onto the chair, sans line, on storm days, and getting free refills all afternoon, but we haven’t seen that in the last two years. The long waits at lower mountain chairs on storm days this winter may deter some would be pass buyers, but there may be an equal number of skiers and boarders frustrated with Alpine being closed 2/3 of the powder days this winter, and longing for the chance to ski and ride KT.
No Blackout Dates!
Gold, Silver, and Bronze all include these benefits:
- Passholders are eligible for one adult full day lift ticket at half day rate on the dates that their passes are blacked out. Tickets are non-transferrable and for passholder use only
- Bring a friend and receive $10 off of an adult all day lift ticket or $5 off a senior, youth or child lift ticket. Valid when winter pass is valid only, limit one discount ticket per passholder, per day. Passholder must be present for purchase
- 30% discount on Adult Snowsports School private half-day lesson (3-hours) with 24-hour or more advance reservation required, up to five people (non-holiday)
- Invitation to the Annual Passholder party
- 15% off Squaw Valley USA retail purchases
- 15% off Winter Season Parking Passes
- Free summer Cable Car rides
- All passes include night skiing when night skiing is in effect
- Turn in your spring lift ticket and we’ll apply up to $30 off your spring or 2011-12 season pass. Not valid on complimentary or promotional tickets. Pass purchase must be made on same day as ticket purchase.
- College passes can be purchased in advance of the June 15, 2011 deadline. Proof of full time student status (current student id, copy of course registration and official, signed letter from Registrar stating full time -12 credits or more- student status at an accredited college for the 2011/2012 season) must be provided in fall prior to pass validation.
- Prices are guaranteed through June 15, 2011 only.
blog comments powered by Disqus