^Credit: Sunshine Village
Sunshine Village in Banff, Canada is faced with an interesting predicament.
There’s still a ton of snow blanketing their slopes preventing normal summer operations. So, the resort has decided to spin their lifts for skiing and snowboarding! Yup, you read that correctly. Sunshine will offer lift-serviced skiing at the end of June (and hopefully into July).
I’d book a flight right now if my passport wasn’t expired. I feel like a big dumb idiot for not renewing that thing like 5 years ago…
Check out the full Instagram post below for the details.
Welcome to SUMMER in the Canadian Rockies!
READ FULL POST FOR ALL DETAILS ABOUT SUMMER SKIING AT SUNSHINE.
With over 900 cm of Canada’s Best Snow accumulating on our slopes this past winter, at the end of June we find ourselves with a surplus of snow.
What’s a resort to do we asked? And answer by deciding to open for Summer Skiing and Riding.
Joining us? Here’s what you need to know:
– We will open Strawberry Express on Tuesday June 28 for Summer skiing. Our goal is to stay open until July 3rd.
– While open for summer skiing our ski hours of operation will be 9-3 pm daily.
– Access to the slopes will be FREE for anyone with a renewed 22/23 Sunshine Season Pass or SkiBig3 Pass.
– If you do no have a pass lift tickets will be $59 (same as our summer sightseeing lift ticket). All 21/22 Sunshine Season Pass and Spring Pass holders will receive a 50% discount.
– If you’re joining us for Summer Skiing and Ridding, it’s essential to us staying open that you stay on the groomed terrain. This is important for the environmental integrity of our resort.
– We will have a small terrain park with a few features set up.
– Food and Beverage will be available. Both Trappers and Sunshine Mountain Lodge are open for guests.
– A limited number of commemorative “I Rode Sunshine in July” shirts will be available in our retail stores.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? Ask us in the comments.