“That unique annual excitement and giddiness is beginning as all mountain enthusiasts look towards winter. Unlike any winter before, however, this year we’re anticipating those first signs of snow with feelings that are hard to describe, with new questions and several unknowns.” –Sky Foulkes
Winter Park has announced it plans to kickoff the season November 18th and resort President and COO Sky Foulkes snapped off an email letting quests and employees know what changes they can expect due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are the main bulletpoints from the email:
- We will adjust indoor spaces to reduce the number of people able to gather in a space, and this may mean more time outdoors for our guests.
- We plan to provide new contactless dining and lodging check-in options.
- We will continue to implement enhanced cleaning procedures.
- We plan to offer modified versions of ski and ride lessons, tours, tubing and rentals that will allow for smaller group interactions, social distancing and a greater focus on outdoor spaces.
- We plan to shift to a pre-booking method of purchasing to limit lines and in-person contact.
- To help us keep our resort healthy and open for adventurers of all types, we will ask our guests to commit to a health code of conduct, and continue to take measures such as wearing a face mask, frequent hand washing and maintaining at least six feet of distance from others.