Brought to you by the Ikon Pass
Northern Vermont is getting the goods this weekend with a winter storm forecasted to drop over a foot of storm on the Green Mountains. The storm has already begun and should last into this evening.
When all is said and done, widespread totals of 12-18″ are possible near the Champlain Valley. The storm should produce some great skiing for Saturday and Sunday at Sugarbush, VT.
So grab your Ikon pass and head to Sugarbush, VT this weekend.
Winter Storm Warning
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Burlington VT
248 AM EST Fri Feb 7 2020
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Moderate to heavy snow and light mixed precipitation. Additional snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches and ice accumulations up to one-tenth of an inch.
* WHERE…Orange, Washington, and Caledonia Counties in Vermont.
* WHEN…Until 10 PM EST tonight.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult. The hazardous conditions will impact both the morning and evening commutes today.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Light mixed precipitation will continue through the early morning hours before changing over to snow late this morning. Once precipitation changes over to snow, several hours of snowfall rates between 1 and 2 inches per hour will be likely before snow tapers off this evening.