Learning to be behind the stick of a helicopter just a whole lot easier with this Cicaré SVH-4 flight trainer. Its a lot cheaper than conventional training and mobile ground platform allows for full and safe use of all flight controls including lift off to a normal hover at 3 ft AGL and hover taxing. If you can afford the $169,340price tag this would make one hell of a big boy toy:
“With a newly designed composite cabin, a more reliable engine and a new electronic safety control system, the Cicaré SVH-4 repositions its sell for a safer and more entertaining helicopter instruction. Like its successful previous model the SVH-3 its a conventional helicopter design attached to a unique mobile ground platform which allows full and safe use of all flight controls including lift off to a normal hover at 3 ft AGL and hover taxing.”
The Training System is formed by a platform that has eight self-directional wheels which allow it to easily move in all directions; and an air tank that has pneumatic cylinders which allow the helicopter to rise and descend adjusting the level of difficulty during the learning.
CICARE SVH4 can be used both for teaching students that have no prior experience and training graduated helicopter pilots.
This learning has basically two stages. In the first stage, the platform remains fixed to the ground and the student learns how to use the RPM with the accelerator, how to rise and descend with collective pitch and how to turn using the pedals. In the second stage, the platform is freed from the ground allowing the trainer to move in all directions. In this stage, the student starts to use the cyclic pitch and to coordinate all commands.
A student that has been trained for 10 hours in the Cicare SVH4 will be able to keep any helicopter in stationary flight because the sensitivity acquisition in the handling of flight and engine controls (which is everything a pilot needs) has been completely achieved by flying a real helicopter that has limited flying height.
Besides the operating advantages of the CICARE SVH4 trainer, we must also mention its low operating cost, its easy maintenance and, above all, its safety. There isn’t any other product in the world that allows such an easy and effective way of learning how to safely fly a helicopter for real.
- A reduction of between 60 and 80% in the hourly cost of flight training during the first 10 hours of the course.
- Virtually eliminates the accident risk for Students and Instructors during the early training stages as well as protecting helicopters from wear/tear and damage.
- Optimising skills formation and reducing stress to suit the learning pace of each unique student.
- Allows Armed forces and other security agencies to economically assess the abilities of aspiring pilots before selection for recruitment.
- Allows inexpensive “Back to Basics” check and training for corporate operators.