We have come across some interesting numbers and facts about skiers and snowboarders within the United States. The numbers and information below comes to us from snowsportsafety.org.
8 Surprising Facts About American Skiers And Snowboarders
- There are between 10 and 12 million active skiers and snowboarders in the United States.
- 8 million of them are on the slopes less than 9 days a season.
- Only 500,000 active skiers / snowboarders (approximately 5%) are on the slopes 20 days or more.
- The average skier / snowboarder is on the slopes only 5 days per year.
- 37.5% of skiers and snowboarders are 25 or younger.
- Snowboarders make up approximately 30% of the skier / snowboarder total.
- 80 percent of skiers and snowboarders ages 17 and under wear helmets.
- The average annual household income for households participating in alpine skiing is $85,979.