Black Diamond Jetforce Airbags
“The Black Diamond Jetforce Airbags were the darling of the trade shows this winter. Black Diamond completely rethought the airbag, and introduced an innovative technology that solves a lot of common problems typically found with the airbag. From the floor at SIA in Denver.” – Powder Magazine
ADVANTAGES OF BATTERY POWERED AVALANCHE AIRBAG:
1. Travel: By not using a compressed air cylinder you can fly anywhere in the world and not worry about filling you cylinder when you arrive.
2. Practice: You can practice triggering your airbag as much as you like.
3. System diagnostics: Every time you turn the system on it dose a system diagnostics to make sure everything is at 100% and ready to go.
4. Punctures & Tears: By blowing air for the first 3 minutes you can recover from small punctures and tears. Black Diamond claims that the system can overcome a 7 inch tear in the airbag.
5. Airbag Deflation: After 3 minutes the system deflates giving you an air pocket in the event of a full burial. In the event of a partial burial the deflated bag will give you room to potentially wriggle and free yourself from the debris.
6. Larger Airbags: The system can fill a much larger airbag than compressed air cylinder systems. A larger airbag gives you more float and more impact protection in a slide.
7. Multiple Inflations: Multiple inflations all you to be trigger happy and not worry about using up your one shot. If you get scared you can let her rip. If nothing happens, you can quickly repack the airbag and be ready to deploy the airbag again.
The Jetforce backpack should be available in fall 2014 at a price of around $1,100.